Photographs by Kang

Food Photographer living in London producing delicious material, and other related documents.

Jonathan & Susan Scarr.

Weddings are such great fun. Weddings always mark a moment of reflection, be it if you are attending as a guest, or whether if you are more deeply connected to the couple. Weddings are defining, memorable, melancholic, alcoholic, touching, beautiful, romantic, traditional, unrelentingly human.

I’ve known Jon for close to four years now, spent about a year seeing him on a daily basis, as we share the same working space. We got drunk together, we’ve debated the wide, the ridiculous, the mundane over several lunch hours, and we’ve rubbed shoulders on the basketball court many a time.

I was elated, fortunate and immeasurebly humbled to have had the chance to witness Jon and Susan’s marriage. The ceremony was fantasy, it was pure bliss and it was resplesdent. We gathered, initially under the threat of a stormy afternoon, at Pettycur Beach in Kinghorn, Scotland. The jitters were not just butterflies, we were shivering a little in the breeze. As momentum built, as the witnesses arrived en masse, as we settled to the blue seats slowly sinking into the sand, the bag pipes began its rhythmic march, and as the groom and his merry ushers and his best man stood proudly, ready and waiting to receive the bride to be, we braced.

She arrived, she is beautiful, aglow in a glowing gown and then the heavens had to burst open, gracing the afternoon with warming rays of golden light. Jon shook the hand of the man who gave Susan away.

One last embrace. For me, the moment occurred right at this point of the ceremony, as Jon & Susan prepare to become Husband & Wife, I noticed Jon furrowing his brows, controlling his emotions, folding his lips and fighting to contain his tears of joy.

Jon & Susan, quite literally tie the knot, scooped soil into a common bucket of life and became Wife & Husband.

As the night worn on, I reflected over my second dinner of nips, tatties, stovies and haggis. I felt fortunate, tearful, inspired, happy and a little drunk. I thought of my life, my love, my parents, my brother, my mistakes, my triumphs, my friends, my career, my ever expanding waistland and played a love song in my head. As I watch the guests loosen their ties, discard the high heels and bust their buns on the hardwood, I broke a smile.

<< back to start >>

Current Panel: Total Panels:

You can view the entire 300 image set on my flickr account as two separate private galleries:
Part One The Ceremony ; Part Two The Reception.

Susan & Jon have embarked on a seven month long honeymoon around the round, they keep a blog.

Posted on Thursday, September 2nd, 2010. Filed under left.

11 Responses to “Jonathan & Susan Scarr.”

1. London Eater – London food blog and restaurant reviews and restaurant guide » The Dogs, Edinburgh : Ramsden Bravura Says:

September 6th, 2010 at 1:37 pm

[…] it being holed up in a caravan park in little known Kinghorn in Scottishland. I took in a wedding, took some photographs and had literally gone to The Dogs for a swift chew in Edinburgh, which coincidentally coincided […]

2. Susan Scarr! Says:

July 21st, 2011 at 6:04 pm

I was googling people from work for an application form (weird, I know) and decided to google myself, just to see what happened. Well, luckily for me your blog came up on the first page and I read it for the first time. It’s really lovely, as are your comments on the day, I’m so pleaed you thought so much of it. Jon and I will be starting to do our wedding album and would be delighted if you would allow us to use some of your pictures, I think for them to be clear we may need a copy rather than take from the blog, would you be able to burn us a DVD please? See you in a few weeks!!
    Susan x

3. Ernest Delgardo Says:

December 7th, 2011 at 3:14 am

I’ve learned some important things as a result of your post. I would also like to mention that there can be situation that you will obtain a loan and don’t need a cosigner such as a Federal government Student Support Loan. However, if you are getting that loan through a standard finance company then you need to be made ready to have a co-signer ready to allow you to. The lenders can base any decision using a few elements but the biggest will be your credit worthiness. There are some loan companies that will additionally look at your job history and decide based on that but in many instances it will depend on your score.

4. Wedding photographer services calgary Says:

February 3rd, 2012 at 10:06 pm

…[Trackback]…

More info…

5. search engine optimization Says:

December 14th, 2013 at 3:37 am

Greetings! Very useful advice in this particular article!

It is the little changes that will make the largest
    changes. Thanks a lot for sharing!

6. Lena Says:

December 29th, 2013 at 6:33 am

You really make it appear so easy with your presentation however I to find this topic to be actually something which I feel
    I’d by no means understand. It sort of feels too complex and extremely wide for me.
    I am looking ahead in your subsequent publish, I will try to
    get the grasp of it!

7. Justin Bieber CCTV footage Says:

February 25th, 2014 at 3:31 am

What is going on in here? Where all this post comes from?

8. credit card machines for Small business Says:

May 4th, 2014 at 5:20 pm

They correlate industry growth or profitability with market share either as direct single
    variable or as an index based on multiple variables.

You know, and although my company was absolutely fantastic.

Here iss the citizen business bank best pea possible.
    Patience annd persistdnce are keyy to succceeding with
    a home business are working for themselves for many reasons.

9. Angelia Says:

June 20th, 2014 at 1:43 am

This is a good tip especially to those new to the blogosphere.
    Short but very accurate information… Appreciate your sharing this
    one. A must read article!

10. spotify free premium code Says:

July 2nd, 2014 at 1:06 pm

Visit one of the links provided: Hip Hop Music Lyrics
    or Rap Music. Well as far as i have seen, computer manufactures and sound
    engineering experts have combining their effort into shrinking
    the size of recording gadgets, their ultimate aim
    for now is to squeeze everything into laptops and hence some specialized laptop models have been produced specifically for music production industry.
    For more information on Music Minus One and our entire range of sheet music
    and accompaniment CDs for violin and more, visit Music – Minus – One.

11. Francine Says:

July 19th, 2014 at 1:05 pm

It was hard for me to find your page in google search results.
    I found it on 12 place, you should build some quality backlinks , it will help you to get more visitors.
    I know how to help you, just type in google – k2 seo tips and tricks